American Airlines Education Foundation Scholarship
Helping scholars reach higher education
Every year, the American Airlines Education Foundation is proud to care for our team members by awarding $2,500 scholarships to their children. First-generation college students can receive an additional one-time award of $1,000.
The foundation selects scholarship recipients based on outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership and financial need. Scholarships fund full-time, undergraduate study at any accredited college, university or vocational program worldwide. In 2022, the Education Foundation awarded more than $1.2 million in scholarships to 452 students.
Apply to the Education Foundation Scholarship
Don’t wait! The deadline to submit your application is Tuesday, February 28, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. (CST)
We’ll contact scholarship recipients via email by the end of June.
Applicants must be:
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in a college / university, community college or trade school for the 2023 – 2024 academic year.
- A dependent son or daughter of an active American Airlines Group team member who has been employed for at least one year as of February 11, 2023, and is employed at American at the time we announce the awards.
We consider students for scholarships in separate categories depending on country of residence. An independent selection committee evaluates the applications and selects recipients by:
- Grade point average
- Class rank
- Academic awards and honors
- Demonstrated commitment
- Service on a regular basis
- Participation in school and non-school activities (athletics, clubs, yearbook, school newspaper, etc.), awards and honors
- Leadership roles on athletic teams (captain, co-captain, etc.) or in other activities (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, editor, etc.)
- Employment information including number of hours worked outside the home, position (shift leader, team leader, etc.) and duration of employment
There are optional additional selection criteria for U.S. applicants.
Applicant needs to submit a FAFSA to be considered based on financial need.
- Awards will be $2,500 each and are not renewable.
- Students may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Award funds may only be used for expenses at the following types of institutions: (1) U.S. schools including accredited, nonprofit 2- or 4-year colleges / universities, and trade schools. (2) Non-U.S. schools including post-secondary 2- or 4-year colleges / universities, and trade schools.
- The scholarships will be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award.
Contact Customer Care