Open for business with your business
Supplier Diversity Program
American Airlines is committed to working with a diverse group of suppliers to provide you with the best products and services. Through our Supplier Diversity Program, we build relationships with small, minority, women, disability, veteran, service disabled veteran and LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) - owned companies that perform at the industry’s highest standards.
- Evaluate products and services on their merits, giving fair and impartial consideration to all suppliers
- Award contracts based on highest quality and best delivery combined with most competitive cost to us
- Review performance of suppliers and contractors to enhance their ability to provide products and services that exceed industry standards
- Ensure inclusion of diverse companies in procurement opportunities
To qualify your company needs to:
- Meet the North America Industry Classification Systems (NAICS) standards for small businesses; and
- Be at least 51% owned, controlled and operated by one or more of these groups:
- Small Business
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Federal HUBZone (HUBZN) - requires certification by the Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB)
- Service Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business (SDVOB)
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
Small business suppliers need to complete a self-certification every year.
All diverse suppliers must be certified by a third-party agency or council every year. You qualify as a diverse supplier if your company is certified as at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by one of these groups:
- Service Disabled Veteran
Examples of certifying agencies:
- Affiliates of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Affiliates of the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- U.S. Business Leadership Network (USBLN)
- National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA)
- Other city, state and national agencies
Register your company
If you're interested in doing business with American, register in our supplier portal.
After completing the registration process, you'll receive a confirmation email. Your company profile and information will be shared with our internal teams for review.
Email us for more information.
We partner with Newton Design, a certified Native American-owned small business, as part of our flight team training. Newton Design creates and improves existing cabin simulators to help us provide the highest level of service to our customers.